To learn more about family preservation services, family reunification services and other evidence based child welfare programs, we recommend the following written resources and website links:
Books and articles
- Families in Crisis-The Impact of Family Preservation Services
by Mark W. Fraser, Peter J. Pecora, David A. Haapala; Aldine de Gruyter, 1991
- "Family Preservation: What it is and What it isn't"
by The National Coalition for Child Protection Reform, Sept 20, 1997
- "Focus on Children-A handbook for Journalists"
by Mary Ann Giordano, Columbia Journalism Review
- Keeping Families Together-The Homebuilders Model
By Jill Kinney, David Haapala, Charlotte Booth; Aldine de Gruyter, 1991
- Making Reasonable Efforts: A Permanent Home for Every Child
developed with support from the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation; Youth Law Center, 2000.
- "Mental Health-A Report of the Surgeon General"
by the Department of Health and Human Services under the direction of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Mental Health Services, in partnership with the National Institute of Mental Health, and National Institutes of Health
- Reaching High Risk Families-Intensive Family Preservation in Human Services
Edited by James K. Whittaker, Jill Kinney, Elizabeth M. Tracy, Charlotte Booth; Aldine de Gruyter,1990
- "Reunification: Research, Evaluation and Assessment"
by Dr. Ray Kirk, for the State of North Carolina
- "Strengthening America's Families: Effective Family Programs for the Prevention of Delinquency."
by the Office of Juvenile Justice, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, and the University of Utah. 1999
- Within our Reach
by Lisbeth B. Schorr, Daniel Schorr (Contributor); Doubleday, 1989
The following sites offer additional information about family preservation services.